Mental Health Awareness week
This week we need to stand back and take a view just read the next line.
We all charge our phones religiously and if we don’t, we have a spare battery pack we can take out with us so we are always fully powered!
Now why on earth do we not apply this too us instead we push our bodies and our brain to keep going because we know that our body will keep going, give us some more adrenaline to get us through the day. Well this week lets stake stock and make a promise and think of ourselves like a phone or a plant.. we need t be fed well what goes in needs to be good, we need to be watered a lot apparently , we need sunlight to just feel good , we need exercise well plants clearly don’t go running but you see where I’m going !
Everyday do something you love, take a walk or a nap remember, call a friend you have been meaning to call , like on the actual phone with voices not a text, treat yourself to a bunch of tulips for your desk or in the bedroom so you see them when you wake up.
Cook something delicious or bake a cake.. you clearly like chocolate or your wouldn’t even have found this so whip up some of these brownies and devour them ONLY 4 STEPS and one of them is turn the oven on!!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 275g/10oz plain chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 275g/10oz unsalted butter
- 85g/3oz pecans, broken into pieces
- 85g/3oz milk chocolate, cut into large chunks
- 85g/3oz white chocolate, cut into large chunks
- 175g/6oz plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 325g/12oz caster sugar
HOW TO DO IT
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas3. Line a 30x20x3.5cm/12x8x1½in tin with lightly buttered greaseproof paper or foil.
- Put the plain chocolate and butter in a large bowl, place over a pan of simmering water and allow to melt.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl and set aside. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and stir in the sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold in the flour, nuts and chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared cake tin. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. The top should be firm but the inside should feel soft when cooked. Allow to cool in the tin. Remove the brownies from the tin and cut into squares.